Thursday, June 17, 2004

Two more days in London

home of the brash, outrageous and free. I guess. It's a pretty nifty city, and I'll have more in-depth coverage when I type up my handwritten notes. For now, just a quick update. I had a bad allergy attack last night, which sort of ruined a pub night out at some place that George Orwell used to frequent. Now, I'm sitting in the British Library enjoying their free wireless. Quite nice to finally be able to use my ibook.
I'm tired to having to use grimey internet cafe machines. Tomorrow I'm going to try to see Stonehenge and Cambridge in the same day. Yes, I know that they're in opposite directions, but when you have a trainpass, these things seem possible. . .
Anyway, I'm off to a Chinese buffet for lunch. It costs 5 pounds (~$10) but you know, that's starting to sound like quite a bargain here. If I eat enough, I might even be able to skip dinner (not bloody likely).
Some London pictures are up, btw, documenting my 5 mile walk yesterday.

1 comment:

Fugu Tabetai said...

Eat for all your worth. Also, I'm looking for a comparison of New York Chinese food and British Chinese food. I'm talking about the New York Chinese food where you can get 4 fried chicken wings on top of whatever you order for like $1 more, btw.