Tuesday, June 01, 2004

5/29/04 early snafus

forgot Dave’s NiMH battery charger in Lena’s living room. I guess I was overzealous about being prepared. I had it plugged into the wall to make sure the batteries were in tip-top charge before shipping out. . . unfortunately, they’re now uselessly attached to Lena’s power outlet.

It is really expensive to buy up last-minute gear at JFK. The passport pouch was $15, and the dodgy-looking battery charger I bought was $18. Then again, terminal 4 at JFK is now completely remodeled as a shiny shopping mall. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing, but it’s certainly better than the crowded, sweaty arrival terminal I remember from ’97-’98. Though its not cheap to ride the airtrain from the A train HowardsBeach/JFK stop ($5.00) it sure beats driving out here. I also have troubled memories of the 3 hour ride from NJ to JFK.

Random observation: you need to be at least 25 years old to be nostalgic for Ms. Pacman or Galaga. There are some pretty ‘old-skool’ video games placed by gate B24, for 50 cents a play. None of the guys playing (getting up there in age and weight, with their wives waiting nearby) looked younger than me. As for me, I only have a few more months before I turn 30 as well.

20 more minutes before boarding. 6:10PM, May 29th 2004.

No comments: