Friday, November 12, 2004

Sick. sic.

Ok. National health insurance is a good thing. I just went over to the neighborhood doc (Dr. Kawasaki), and got a consultation and 5 meds for Y1543. That's about $15.00. I think the co-pay on Columbia's insurance for every prescription is about $20. Think about that. Dr. Kawasaki also speaks pretty good English, and we reminisced a bit about Kurashiki.

But happy as I feel about the clinic, I am still sick. Even writing this is making me kind of dizzy. And that's a shame since it's friday, and the rest of the world is going out tonight to celebrate the end of another cycle of capitalist exploitation, and here I am, my own body's machinery being exploited by tiny viruses . . .

In other news, I now have a table, a small couch, and a bike. All of which are kind of diminuitive by American standards. But hey, living small ain't so bad, even when you're used to living large.

Tomorrow: an anthropology conference at Waseda. Not sure if I can attend yet. It all depends on my body.

1 comment:

benkei said...

I am recuperating in an undisclosed location, nursing my karaoke-supiritsu. Fear not. I will be back soon . . .