Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I'm tired of love. I need a pet.

So I'm sitting in Manbo, a cramped internet cafe with kind of grimey cubicles, at the tail end of another wasted day. I had to come in here, you see, because I needed to print some documents. Well, it costs 500 yen an hour, so I'm making use of that, but ultimately, you know, wasting even more of my day.

I picked up the first issue of 'kimi wa petto', and frankly it's pretty bizarre. I caught some episodes of the drama on TV, but didn't realize that it was based on a manga. Perhaps I should have known. It's about a career woman caring for a younger, pretty-boy type like he's her pet dog. It's not really as kinky as that (and quite different from that Stooges song 'I wanna be your dog'), but actually a weirdly touching commentary on our urban lifestyles, and the fact that we no longer have time for love anymore. Or something like that. I think though, that I still wanna be your/her dog.

Bleh. So I spent most of the day looking for an internet cafe to print my file, but I also got a haircut. It cost all of 800 yen. No, I didn't misplace a zero. It was quick too. Next time, when I actually have an idea of what hairstyle I want, maybe I'll pay more for my stylist. This time it was fine.

Oh, and the landlord stopped by. Apparently he's back from Paris for a week or two. Nice guy. Dropped off some wafers and some Italian coffee. Whoohoo. But other than that, I wasted my day.

No comments: