Sunday, April 10, 2005

Substance (abuse)

The weather is warm again, and though I'm pretty much living in a basement (where temperatures still linger in February), the dusty wind outside announces that spring is here. Yesterday was a blizzard of activity, in my otherwise quiet existence, and I managed a hanami (cherry-blossom viewing) party out in Komazawa Olympic Park (commonly filmed in dramas and music videos, including Shiina Ringo's 'kofuku ron') . Here are two pictures to show you what it was like:

blue tarp on hard ground
no respite for acheing legs
hanami season


a swarm of petals
lands quietly in my beer
color but no taste

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric,
Can i steal this picture??
The cherry blossom one is beautiful!

benkei said...

Sure, though you probably didn't wait for an answer and downloaded it already . . .

(I took too many pictures of sakura, I'm ready to wait another before I see them again)