Wednesday, July 07, 2004

7/4/2004 First time in Kyushu, first time in Nagasaki. I’m getting in the bath pretty soon at the Minshuku Fumi. It kind of reminds me of staying with my friend Hide; a 6-tatami room, with the bathroom next door. Not a bad deal at 3500 yen a night, especially since its about 2 minutes from the JR station. I was hoping to go down to Kagoshima as well, since there were signs proclaiming a “kyushu shinkansen” that links Nagasaki with Kagoshima in around 2 hours. Not so apparently. Such a rail line is at least two years away it seems.
A typhoon just passed through here, and the air is thick with drizzle, but surprisingly mild compared with Kyoto. I took a stroll as the sky was growing dark, and promptly got lost. I don’t consider that a particularly tragic occurrence, since for the most part I’m here to lose myself anyway.

No comments: