Monday, May 31, 2004

"train heave on to Euston, do think you've made the right decision this time?"

Just a quick update, since I'm trying to hit Dublin Castle, the Guinness Brewery, and St. Paul's Cathedral (where Jonathon Swift is interred) before they close today. I had a hell of a time reaching the ferry to Dublin from London. Britrail is all messed up. I had to transfer 4 times, including a bus between two points that should have been served by a highspeed train. I was sort of fine with it, because I got to see some rusty, decrepit English towns along the way, but the other brits along with me were extremely irate. And untalkative. I had one long conversation with a taciturn man trying to visit his sister in Wales. That was it. Everyone else kind of minded their own business. The Irish on the other hand seem a rowdier lot. . .

I'm trying to put up some pictures, but I still haven't found an internet cafe that will let me plug in my USB drive.

No comments: