Sunday, September 18, 2005

Jiyugaoka wildlife


gecko-s
Originally uploaded by benkei242.
This is something that crawled into my life yesterday afternoon. I believe it's a gecko, though I have no idea how it made its way through all the screen windows.

In other news, I just finished watching Kore'eda Hirokazu's haunting Nobody Knows, as well as the cloying Korean drama-turned-movie Windstruck. Consumed together, they're quite a contrast. I would recommend watching them in the above order, to save your sanity.

1 comment:

benkei said...

To clarify on the proper order to watch the two movies. . . I must admit that I am making certain assumptions. First, I believe that undiluted reality can have a shattering effect on the psyche. Second, I believe that our lives are now so thoroughly saturated with the virtual that we need a dose of movie-reality to return us to our senses.

Hence, Windstruck is such a mind-numbing movie that you're likely to forget how awful you felt at the end of Nobody Knows.